Stacey Brown’s Dream Bag Spell
Purpose: To encourage your dreams to answer your most burning questions.
Ingredients: lavender oil, mixing pot, yellow crayon, rosemary branch, piece of paper, plastic sandwich bag.
1. Pour twice into the mixing pot with the lavender oil and say: “To purity and to clarity.”
2. Using the yellow crayon, write a question you want your dreams to answer on the piece of paper.
3. Fold the paper and place it into the plastic bag.
4. Pluck 28 needles from the rosemary branch and sprinkle them into the pot. Say: “Rosemary, hold strong my dreams all full of wonder, as I lay me down to slumber.”
5. Mix the oil and rosemary in the pot with your fingers, concentrating on the action.
6. Pour the mixture into the plastic bag and close the bag up.
7. Slide the bag into your pillowcase or place it under your pillow for the night. Say: “With the strength of the moon and stars and sun, as I do, it shall be done. Blessed be the way!”
Stacey’s variation on this spell
Using a nontoxic marker or pen, write a question in the palm of your hand before bed. Meditate on the question for several seconds, telling yourself that your dreams will bring you the answer.
Stacey’s Courage Sachet
Purpose: To help conquer your biggest fears.
Ingredients: swatch of cheesecloth, dried thyme, small piece of paper, black ball-point pen, piece of string.
1. On the piece of paper, using the black ball-point pen, write whatever it is you fear.
2. Fold this paper up, as tight as you can get it, imagining your fear becoming smaller and weaker with each crease.
3. Lay the cheesecloth open in front of you and drop the folded paper ball into the middle. 4. Sprinkle the dried thyme atop it.
5. Gather the ends of the cheesecloth and tie closed with the piece of string.
6. Hold the sachet and repeat the following chant three times: I fear you now but not for long for with my courage you will be gone.
7. Keep this courage sachet with you whenever you need to remind yourself that you are much stronger than your fears.
Stacey’s Candle Color Coding:
White = purity, all things magical
Blue = things related to dreaming or nightmares, also calmness
Red = love, remembrance, strength
Silver = banishing secrets, astral travel
Yellow = clarity
Purple = psychic awareness
Green = money, nature, growth
Pink = affection, nurturing, romance
Black = beginnings, transitioning from the ending of one thing to the beginning of another